This year, we want your help to decide on a new charity partner for our Pride activities.
As usual we’ll support events across the country including London, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow and Brighton with our Pride float in the parade, plus pre-pride parties and in-store point of sale (POS).
For the last two years we’ve supported LGBT charity Switchboard as part of our commitment to Pride, raising over £10,000 thanks to the generosity of our customers and colleagues.
To help you cast your vote for this year’s charity partner we asked Out at Tesco colleagues to nominate the charities they’d like to see us support. Here’s the shortlist of five charities for you to choose from:
- Albert Kennedy Trust supports LGBT 16-25 year-olds who are made homeless or living in a hostile environment.
- Terrace Higgins Trust aims to fight against HIV and improve the nation’s sexual health.
- Mermaids aims to raise awareness about gender issues amongst professionals and the general public. They campaign for the recognition of gender dysphoria in young people and lobby for improvements in professional services.
- Ditch the Label this anti-bullying charity supports 12-25 year-olds who are experiencing prejudice and discrimination.
- Diversity Role Models aims to prevent homophobic and transphobic bullying in UK schools by educating young people about difference, challenging stereotypes, and addressing the misuse of language.
The charity you choose will appear on all Tesco Pride branding, including in-store POS and our parade float. We’ll be fundraising for this charity across the Pride period too, making a real difference to the LGBT community.
Voting is now closed